Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pin curls and red lipstick.

It's been gray and drizzly for the past week in Seattle, and I've been having a ball watching Youtube tutorials for vintage hairdos (in addition to making lots of jewelry for the upcoming White Elephant Art/Craft Fair).

Right now, my hair is the longest it has been since I was 18, so I'm having so much fun playing around with it! I love short hair and have had practically every short style- shaved completely, mohawk, fauxhawk, pixie-cut, bob. All attempted at some point in my life. But there's nothing like long hair to make me feel like some mythical sea creature.

Yesterday, I tried out some pin curls and am really pleased with how it turned out! I followed these two tutorials:



And here's mine! Of course, I had to throw on some red lipstick and a faux beauty mark to get in the mood:




2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Reminds me of pics of my mom in the 40's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! That was kind of what I was going for! Love that look.

    ReplyDelete