Thursday, November 8, 2012

Dorothy Cheng Jewelry at Velouria!


Since June, I've been selling my jewelry at Velouria, one of my favorite boutiques in Seattle. It's been a bastion of independently-made clothing and accessories since 2004. I used to go as a broke college student and covetously stroke all the lovely clothes and bags and jewelry... The shop was recently revamped by Cat and Chika, the new owners, and I'm so honored to be a part of the fresh lineup of designers they've taken on since they bought the store.

This Saturday (November 10th), I'll be previewing my new collection of jewelry at Velouria.

6-9 pm
2205 NW Market St.
between N Ballard Ave & N 22nd Ave.

Here's a sneak peak:




After seeing the Scottish crown jewels, I started experimenting with colorful gemstones and big, royally bold designs. It's a big change from my usual style. In the past, I was slightly (okay, maybe more than slightly...) disdainful of gemstones, because they're so loud and attention-seeking. Gemstones easily overshadow the metal and, as a hardcore metal girl at heart, I just can't let that happen! In my new collection, I've made sure that the gems and the metal get equal attention and lovingly complement each other in every piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment