Thursday, October 28, 2010

Hello.

Living in Japan this past year clarified for me the kind of life that I want to live. I want to be a maker, to be someone who commits to a daily practice of creating something interesting, beautiful and/or useful. So, since returning to Seattle in late August, I have been steadily working on a collection of pretty, easy to wear, affordable pieces that are distillations and reinterpretations of my love for handmade objects coming from a variety of historical craft traditions.

I'm almost ready to show you the first batch of my efforts. For now, please enjoy these screencaps from the 1968 film "Color of Pomegranates" by Sergei Parajanov.  It's a visual feast of a movie evoking the life of 18th century Armenian poet Sayat Nova.  Every frame is like a painting, so it was hard to narrow them down!
 


 

















No comments:

Post a Comment