Monday, December 6, 2010

MLoH #3

1.  The blog Hyperbole and a Half.  The blogger Allie Brosh tells hilarious stories about her everyday life using amazingly simple yet expressive little cartoons drawn with MS Paint.  I giggled myself to sleep thinking about this one:  I CAN'T FEEL MY FACE!!!

2.  Pu-er tea and slices of apple, pear and orange and dried mango on a sunny Sunday afternoon with a friend that I hadn't seen in ages.  Seeing her house with its many pillow strewn window seats.  Crawling through her tiny window onto a flat roof to watch the sun set over downtown Seattle and Puget Sound.

3.  The anticipation of watching Jane Campion's movie about John Keats, Bright Star.  I have a feeling it's going to be good.  Just look at these stills; they make me want fall over:


4.  Delicious food that I've had this week: Greek yogurt with honey, yam fries, Korean roast beef with shiitake mushrooms, daikon and dried cranberries and dates, Russian meatballs with sour cream and dill sauce.

5.  Baking a pretty damn good chocolate cake (pictures to come soon!)

6.  Knowing that I'm going to see my family for Christmas!  Unexpected.  It'll be five or six days of stuffing myself with Chinese food.    


No comments:

Post a Comment